Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Proposal - MOVIE ~ Review

Disclaimer: I haven't seen this movie in quite some time. I decided to review this movie right after I'd seen it in theaters.

First things first, a summary. In short, this movie is about this woman who is supposed to be deported, but decides to pull an innocent man into her little scheme to stay in America. So she marries him so she can stay where she is. But, the government has other plans.

Second, the casting. The casting was great. The actors did fantastic jobs. It was really quite easy to be able to tell which character was which. The jock, the cute grandmother, the witch. Things like that. I think pairing Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock was a great casting call. The two really pulled off what they were going for.

Third, the directing. It was done very well. Anne Fletcher deserves a round of applause. I cannot think of a better way to have directed this movie. She added in comedy to, what would be, a really dramatic situation. The movie was absolutely hilarious. I'd definitely like to see more of her movies to see what else she has procured.

Fourth, the overall story. I loved it. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies, and this was no different. If you absolutely adore romantic comedies, like I do, then you should check out this movie. I don't want to give anything away, although if it's a romantic comedy, I'm sure it's easy to find out. But I'm not going to ruin it for you. I really hope you enjoy the movie! It's fantastic and absolutely hilarious!

Thanks and I hope you watch~!

1 comment:

  1. hey, that was pretty good for not having seen it in a while! Sandra Bullock is epic win ^_^ It's nice to see that all female directors aren't like that abysmal catherine hardwicke.....

    ReplyDelete