Friday, July 17, 2009

Fruits Basket - ANIME ~ Review

Warning: The majority of my posts will include a review of something, whether it be an anime, manga, movie, TV show, website, or YouTube video, or YouTube person. Considering I've been making my reviews in the morning and my days are the most boring days ever, my day will not go under my review. If my day is interesting, I'll put it up that night.

First things first, the summary. Fruits Basket is about a girl who lost her mother in a tragic car accident and ends up living in the woods, until she finds a house in the middle of nowhere and realized the 'Prince' of her school lives there. But, she soon realizes a secret that will put a burden on the happy girl for the rest of her life.

First, just like Ouran, I'll talk about the speaking. I think the voices are very well-matched and they work with the characters. Though, at some points, the director didn't seem to know who was talking, so occasionally, you'll wonder why said person is saying said thing because it doesn't work with their personality. But, then again, that may be the manga's fault. Check below for my review on the manga.

I never saw the English sub, because I just never thought to. When I first saw it, it was on DVD at a friend's house, so seeing it English subbed really never occurred to me until, well, now. But, even so, I don't think I will.

Now, for the content. They jumped around SO much and they left out a lot, which really annoyed me because I'd already read up to book 6 when I'd see the anime and it really annoyed me. [The anime goes to book 6.] There were so many important aspects that should be in there, but weren't. For instance, how Kyo feels toward Kyoko, their relationship. [Kyoko is the heroine's deceased mother.] There is absolutely nothing in the anime that eludes to that relationship. It just seems like Kyo doesn't really care one way or another when they go to visit Kyoko's grave. I really wished they put in more stuff. I realize they have to cut down some things to make the anime make sense, but still, a lot of things were important.

And, not to mention, they added in things that did not belong, like the scene where the heroine's friends come over and the secret is revealed out in the open and the heroine has to try to avoid the potential scene it could cause her friends to make. That scene is, in no way, in the manga. Though, it is funny, but it does not belong whatsoever.

The anime did not keep me on my toes, considering that I've read the books, but it probably would have if I hadn't read the manga. If you haven't read the manga and you're interested, the anime may keep you on your toes. You never know.

Next on REVIEW: Hetalia - MANGA

B/N: If you want me to watch, look, or see something, please comment about it! Tell me to do so and I'll watch, look, or see it and review it to show you what you think! But, caution, if it is an anime or manga, you may have to wait a week or two, or maybe even a month, depending on whether or not I'm in school.

1 comment:

  1. heya girl!!
    i like the reviews, but i'm going to be a pain and point out something that's kinda been bugging me. you put that thing in about most of your posts containing reviews at the beginning of every post, and i think (it's just my opinion) that it's getting a bit old. most people will read the blog in order, so they'll already know you usually do reviews. and plus, when you put "review" in the header, it kinda becomes redundant. just a thought, feel free to ignore it =)

    see you in a week!!

    ReplyDelete