Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ouran High School Host Club - ANIME ~ Review

Warning: The majority of my posts will include a review of something, whether it be an anime, manga, movie, TV show, website, or YouTube video, or YouTube person. Underneath that will be my day, or, if I do the review early in the morning, my day will be in a separate post.

First things first: a summary. It is about a girl from a not-so-rich family coming into a school via a scholarship. She acts and looks like a boy, so when she encounters the host club in mysterious Music Room #3, she is caught by surprise. All six in the host club slowly find out she is a girl. The anime is about her life as a host and how she is a girl being fawned over by girls.

I am very aware of the fact that there is a manga of Ouran High School Host Club, and I am reading it now. Actually, I began to read the manga before I found the anime. I tried and tried to find the 3rd book in the manga, but I just couldn't. When I was told that there was an anime, my first thought was: I don't need the manga if the anime is the whole manga. But, I didn't really comprehend the fact that animes don't last forever. Well, some do, but not all.

Anyway, to my review. First, I'll talk about the language aspects. The anime comes in both english subbed and english dubbed. The subs in the english subbed went way too fast, so most of the time, you're looking at the subs and pausing and having no actual idea what on earth is going on, so it's not really funny. That's what happened to me the first time I watched it. I didn't catch most of the humor because my mind was running, looking at all the lines and freaking out. When I watched it the second time, it was with english dub and it all made so much more sense and I laughed at so much of it. So, I spent the majority of my time, watching these episodes, laughing so hard.

Now the voices in the english dub are rather annoying and don't seem to fit the characters. For instance, the twins are my favorite characters ever and I love them to pieces. But, their voices just seem to annoy me to no end. But, I got used to the voices and they didn't annoy me as much once the jokes caught on. They were so funny, to me. If you don't think the anime is funny, don't blame me. I just think it's hilarious.

Now, for the content. The anime seems to be directly pulled from the manga, which is great, because a lot of animes jump around and don't go with the books flow. True, there were a few episodes in the book that were not episodes in the anime, but the episodes that were not in the anime didn't seem to be too relevant to have in the anime. I say bravo to the anime for doing a great job.

This anime made me cry, made me smile, and made me angry at parts. And those are signs of a great anime. I definitely say you should watch it.

Next on REVIEW: Fruits Basket - MANGA

B/N: If you want me to watch, look, or see something, please, comment about it! Tell me do so and I'll watch, look, and see it and review it to show you what I think! But, caution, if it is an anime, you may have to wait a week or two, or maybe even three, depending on whether or not I'm in school.

2 comments:

  1. omg chica you're up earlier than me!! nice review, btw, but you might want to provide a bit of a summary of the series as a whole, so people like me can understand what you're talking about. just a suggestion =)

    <3

    ReplyDelete