Monday, July 20, 2009

Roswell - TV SHOW ~ Review

First things first, a summary. Three young people, Max, Isabel, and Michael, come to Roswell, New Mexico. They meet a girl, Liz, who becomes the heroine of the show. The three people are aliens, that came from some planet and were born on earth. The story is about how the three of them are trying not to be found out by the police.

Second, the casting. It is kind of refreshing that the main alien is not hot, per se. He is normal-looking. A lot of shows that are like this, not typically alien shows, try to have a hot main character. I think that they could have chosen a better male to be the heroine's ex boyfriend.

Third, the directing. Oh my, the directing. I'd have to say that a different director would have made the show a lot better. The acting was horrible and I think it's the director's fault. I know how much stress is put on the director, but he/she could at least make things better in the show. I know, I know, piss moan, piss moan. I haven't seen the show in a while, so don't blame me, please.

The overall story. I do have to admit, it is original. I've never seen it before. Then again, I don't typically watch sci-fi shows. If you'd like to find out if this is original or not, find out from Anya Prynn's blog when she eventually watches it, which may be a while because she has SO MANY shows to watch before she even considers Roswell. So, for right now, you'll have to depend on the girl who watches more romance than science fiction. But, the story is pretty good. There is some romance in it, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have gone very far with it. I know, that's mean, but I get disinterested in things that don't involve romance. I'm a romance kind of girl.

Future aspects. I have to admit, a few of the things as the show went on, I was really not expecting. Like, SPOILER ALERT!!! There is a forth alien that comes in, somewhere in the third season. Now, that shocked me.

Location. I find it funny that, in actuality, the town of Roswell, New Mexico, really is obsessed with aliens, even though they do not exist. I believe Roswell was a good place to put this entire TV Show.

Overall, I liked the show. I would recommend it if you're into both science fiction and romance. Though, it's more of a normal teen show than science fiction.

NEXT on Review: Moonlight - TV SHOW

B/N: If you have something for me to watch, see, or look at, let me know and I'll see, watch, or look at whatever it is and review it.

5 comments:

  1. Actually, I'm going to be watching Roswell Season 1 after i finish Stargate Atlantis Season 3 and SVU season 1. but what i'll probably be doing is posting a recap/review after every two or three episodes, unless i really love the show enough to review every episode.

    and who says aliens don't exist??? if they read that, they might get mad at you! xD

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You started a blog!!! Wow it's really nice and pretty and pink! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for the comment on my People with Attitude post!!! Hope your summer is going great and I love all your posts so far!!! Oh and I'm going to follow you! (wow in another context that would sound like I'm a stalker)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, but you see, I watched Roswell when I was young, when Star Trek re-runs were too complicated for me...the show is entertaining, even if the acting is bad.
    But Katie Hiegl's acting is good...she told me once that Roswell was so fun to work on because of its uniqueness...which you mentioned, thank you.

    ReplyDelete